Our next meeting is tomorrow night, October 19, starting at 7pm. We’ll open the doors at 6:30pm for social time.
We are holding our election for board members next year. As of right now we have several positions with no candidates. We need board members to continue to function as a group, so please consider volunteering. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
We would also love to hear about your favorite quilting patterns. Please bring a copy of your favorite pattern to inspire other guild members.
We’d also love to discuss your upcoming projects as part of the regular show and tell. I can’t wait to hear about what you’re working on and what you’ve recently finished!
Villas at Park Place Clubhouse: 401 Villa Park CircleStone Mountain, GA 30087(parking is limited, so if you park on the street, please park on the outer side of the circle)
We are looking for a new president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and program coordinator.
email us at [email protected] if you are interested in running.
Duties of the President are to:
- organize and lead all Membership and Special Meetings.
- set the meeting agenda
- oversee other Officers
- be the main point of contact between the Guild and the National Modern Quilting Guild.
- be responsible for all Guild Policies and Procedures as they are created.
- ensure that general meeting locations and dates are secured.
- Serve as the primary public contact for the Guild.
- Coordinate with members, other officers or special committees in planning, inviting, organizing special guest speakers, monthly meeting programs, workshops, classes, field trips and other events.
- Serve as an alternate signatory on guild checks, be on record with the bank as signer on account, and will sign for time-sensitive payments in the event the Treasurer is not available.
- Have electronic access to the guild bank account and serve as monthly reviewer of bank account statements and treasurer’s reports
- Backup for the president
- Responsible for keeping minutes of Guild meetings
- assist with any large scale correspondence, sending out e-vites for special events, managing RSVPs, etc.
- will publish announcements via blog, email, and social media.
- will lead meetings in the absence of the President.
- is responsible for maintaining accurate records of Guild membership
- WIll hold custody over the Guild’s funds, including bookkeeping and filing taxes.
- collect dues.
- pay all bills and sign all checks; the President shall also be authorized to pay bills and sign checks.
- prepare the books for audit the January Officer’s meeting, where she/he shall present them for review and audit.
- prepare a budget to present at the Annual Meeting.
- keep a running inventory of items donated to the Guild.
- Helps plan activities / lectures for meetings.