Is there a such thing as “ugly” fabric? No! But who doesn’t love a challenge? We want you to raid your stash and bring at least a fat quarter to a yard of “ugly” fabric to the next guild meeting in April for this quarter challenge. We will then put the material in a box, and you will randomly select a piece of fabric that will be the “ugly” fabric you will have to work with.
Now here are the rules:
- 1. Make ANY quilted item — quilt, wall hanging, table runner, etc.
- 2. You need to use ALL the fabric, other fabrics can also be used
- 3. The fabric must be visible on the outside of your project
- 4. The fabric doesn’t have to be visually obnoxious to be ugly, just fabric that
- is no longer your style, fabric you normally wouldn’t use
- 5. It can be a solid or printed fabric
- 6. You can use any method of construction (machine piece, hand piece, paper
- piece, applique, etc.)
- 7. If you don’t have any “ugly” fabric in your stash, you are welcome to
- purchase fabric that is ugly to you
- 8. Your project is due at the guild meeting June 19th.
- There will be a drawing for those that contributed.
Can’t wait to see what you create! Have fun!